Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Question: What Do You Do When People Stare?


This is me and my best friend, Sunny, at my house. I was hosting a huge party for the husband's birthday and I am wearing one of my vintage aprons! (I love collecting aprons! I think I need to learn to make them now!)

Sunny has been my best friend since we were in 8th grade! I still cannot believe 22 years have gone by already! Anyway, one of the many, many things that Sunny and I have in common is our mutual dislike for people who stare.

If I am wearing vintage and people to stare, I do not mind if they come over to me and ask questions. I actually appreciate it. Most people are simply curious and usually very kind. I normally get compliments. However, as I am sure you all have experienced yourselves, there are a some people (granted, just a few) who stare and even point at us. These "looky loos" are not nice, in fact, they are being rude.

I typically do nothing when this happens. I just simply go about my business and pay them no mind. Sometimes I will smile at them and say, "Hi! How are you today?" The person or people tend to turn around and not say a word. I think I catch them off guard because maybe they expect me to feel self-conscious or maybe they are shocked because I 'busted them' for staring in the first place. I am not really certain but what I do know is this; they should be ashamed, not me.

So, when you notice people staring at you when you are in your vintage style, what do you do?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar