Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Weekly Favourites: Avon, Madara, Beauty Cycle, Paula's Choice...

Not a very appropriate day for posting Weekly Favourites as most of you must be busy enjoying your most awaited holiday of the year.

But I unfortunately am doing nothing for a change and relaxing watching snuggly Christmas television and sipping coffee. Aahh now that's what I call life! 

Avon's Ideal Flawless Foundation in Golden. It's amazing. The coverage, the finish, how it sits on the skin is beautiful. It's also the only foundation that I can ACTUALLY use using a standard foundation brush and it melts into the skin due it containing silicone. 

Another great thing about it is how the shade golden is amazingly yellow toned and perfect for my Asian skin tone. The shades do run dark and they have a tendency to oxidise hence I feel these would great for medium to deep skin tones. 

It's nice to know that brands like Avon have started catering for skin tones other than pink. 
Can you see how it instantly adds colour to my skin without it looking muddy. The coverage is light-medium but the only gripe I have about this is the tiny little glitter particles in there to give it an illuminating finish.

Fortunately they aren't seen from a distance making them very cullen-ish but its apparent up close in the mirror.
Beauty Cycle's Light Up Lipgloss is also a stunner for lusciously plump lips without looking too over the top. They come in a few different shades and I have a very glamorous pink called Glitz.

It glides on quite smoothly onto the lips and isn't very sticky too surprisingly. I however would overlook anything else for its sumptuous colour. It's an understated pink on the lips, with silver reflects that give an illusion of fullness.

And as the name suggests, it comes with a light in the lid which automatically starts on opening the gloss along with a mirror on the tube as well. Quite handy besides the fact that it sometimes blinds me when am not expecting it.
Madara Delicate Cleansing Milk has been my favourite one to use for its purpose. It is a huge 200ml bottle retailing for £14 which is firstly quite a bargain.

Secondly it can be used dry, i.e. with a cotton pad or as a face wash when you're not feeling lazy and can compromise with a cold splash of water. Well if you want to make it a hot cloth cleanser, just alternate with luke warm water and a muslin cloth.

It can be used on the eyes without any irritation and is suitable for sensitive-combination skin. It is quite light in consistency and very gentle at removing make-up so sometimes it takes me two rounds to get everything off.

It is organic, vegan and all-natural and contains linden flowers and oats as its main ingredients.
Your hands are the first point of contact that actually scream out your age hence its very important to take good care of them. I used to ignore moisturising them a few years ago but now I have started taking it seriously and moisturise them regularly.

I have a few of my favourites such as Liz Earle, Rodial , Avene and so on but this is the latest addition to my collection which I had to show you guys. It's by Paula's Choice, a brand that's quite underestimated and not talked about but in fact is quite effective for problematic skin types.

I have their face moisturiser and it works fab! This particular products claims to protect hands from sun damage and premature ageing by containing antioxidents in it. Of course its consistency is very nice and hydrating but I like how it gives me reassurance that it will also protect my hands from the sun and ageing.
Phew! Apologies for the superlong post. I should have broken it down innit?

Hope you guys had a lovely Christmas and have a great holiday season lovelies! :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar