Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Joe Henry

On the subject of Joe Henry's new CD Civilians, a friend writes:

I noticed Civilians was on your short list so I picked it up off eMusic last week - it was the soundtrack to my weekend! I've been recommending it to all my friends as it is extremely accessible and has a lot of style. Thanks for turning me onto a great artist!


When I was in college, Henry came to town to open for Jimmie Dale Gilmore. I was working at the radio station of my college and got an assignment to interview him. I had stumbled on his music thanks to the acoustic Cd Shuffletown and obviously my fandom persists to this day.

Here's an interviewing don't: don't ask your subject about their more famous relatives, as I did when I opened the backstage chat by asking him a question about his sister-in-law Madonna. Bad idea. However once Henry realized that I knew something about his music he relaxed and the rest of the interview went well. It's interesting to think that although I've always liked Madonna, I'm sure I've spent much more time listening to Joe Henry. The point is: pick up Civilians, you won't be sorry....

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar